GUIDELINES FOR USE
With a little bit of care and maintenance, your beautiful canoe can last for generations. While our products are certainly durable and solid, they still require the right type of care and handling to ensure that they perform optimally.
- It is recommended that you rinse your canoe off with fresh clean water after every use.
- Upon returning from the trip, allow your canoe to air-dry in the shade.
Besides taking care of your canoe, storage also plays an essential role in maintaining your canoe’s appearance and beauty.
- Always store your wooden canoe in shade.
- Turn it upside down on the support thereby keeping it off the ground.
- Hanging your boat from the rafters in your garage or shop would be ideal storage.
Minor scratches can be repaired by marine spar vanish or some brand of automobile wax. Smooth the damaged area with sand paper, wipe clean, then apply marine spar vanish.
Wooden Boat USA strongly recommends that a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) is worn whenever paddling.